Thursday 21 February 2013

I messed up Windows 8 (Ohhh Nooooo!)

    I wanted to marge two partitions, and I did something wrong, because when I restarted my laptop it was showing Windows Boot Manager with this information:
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem :
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer"
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance
File: \Boot\BCD
Status: 0xc000000f
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."
    Well I did everything what been said in 1. 2. 3., after that I got this message:
"The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."
    So, I were stuck in dead end. I did everything to fix the problem, but at the end I got new issue to fix this problem.
    Now I will tell you step by step how to fix it:
1.) Get your Windows 8 CD ready and insert it into Disc Drive
2.) Boot into Windows 8 CD and press "next"
3.) On next screen you will see button "Install now", don't press it ! Look on bottom left side corner you will find "Repair your computer", or just press "R" on your keyboard
4.) Press on "Troubleshoot"
5.) Choose "Command Prompt"
6.) First of all you need to know on which volume your Windows 8 is installed on, type "diskpart"
7.) Then write "list volume", and you should see volume where is Windows 8 ("main was on volume "C"")
8.) You need to close "diskpart", you can do it by writing command "exit"
9.) Now write "bcdboot x:\windows /s c: /l en-us", where x is your Windows 8 volume, I chose c (for example "bcdboot c:\windows /s c: /l en-us")
10.) To make sure all partitons are active use this command, "bootsect /nt60 all /force /mbr"
11.) Use command "Exit", to quit command prompt
12.) Shut down your computer and take out your installation CD and your computer should boot up like usually.
    I hope this post helped to solve this problem, let me know! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment